Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"It's America" Layout Challenge

I LOVE 4th of July celebrations! I love the picnics and fireworks and parades and the feeling that always comes over me at some point during the day of how truly blessed we are to live in this amazing country.
When I was in NY this weekend with my daughter, I heard a song that inspired a layout idea I can't wait to try. It's a Rodney Atkins song called "It's America" - here's the chorus:

It's a high school prom
It's a Springstein song
It's a welcome home parade
It's a man on the moon
And fireflies in June
Kids sellin lemonade
It's cities and farms
And open arms
One nation under God
It's America




So here's the challenge... Create a layout with photos from your family that represent life in America. What are some other things you can think of? Parades? Eating ice cream? Laying in a hammock? A family picnic? Take your camera with you this weekend and be mindful of the wonderful things all around us. When you see something great - click it! Leave a comment here with your ideas and when your layout is complete - go to my Facebook Page and post it!

I plan to use the Fanfare papers to create my layout. They have such great, patriotic colors and are very "America"! :) Click here to see the Fanfare products & order yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment