Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Let's Get ORGANIZED!


Hi everyone! I'm so excited
(and a little nervous...) about starting my own blog. It's been on my To Do list for quite a while now, but this week's theme at Heart 2 Heart Challenges - 'Organization' - really inspired me to finally take the plunge! I LOVE being organized!! Am I always?? Not even close! But I find that I feel much more creative and relaxed when my craft space is neat and uncluttered, so I work really hard to keep it that way. It has become a little harder since becoming a Close To My Heart consultant, since I hold several workshops in my home each month, but I find if I am committed to cleaning up after each project, the task is much easier.

I'll start off by sharing some photos of my space and some of my favorite tips for getting organized and staying that way!

The photo above is my office. Until becoming a CTMH consultant, this is where I did all my crafting. However, I have now moved all my Close To My Heart products into our guest room. I know, I know! This doesn't look like 15 years of stash!! It's not. That's my biggest secret - - use it or lose it. I encourage you to try it. More about that to follow...

Here are some shots of my main storage areas. Over the next couple of days, I'll add close ups of my most effective solutions, including scrapping papers, magazines, memorabilia, & office supplies and tell you a little about how I stay on top of it all - - well, usually :{




6 comments:

  1. Wow! Your room looks like pictures from a magazine. Nice and calming. I'd love to scrap in your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gina! My house is currently on the market, so I'm forced to keep it clutter-free. I should post some pictures of when I'm in the middle of a project - - not so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina, I was thinking the same thing: "what a wonderful colour to create in!". Bernie, you know a thing or two about organization, everything is so neatly stored in bins - you're my inspiration! And so is your motto "use it or lose it". Thanks for joining us this week at H2H. Your blog is looking great, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - very nice. I use a lot of my Longaberger baskets to organize my ctmh stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! *Ü* Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful space with us! I am in awe at the beauty of your organization! I know all of our spaces get messy when we are in the midst of creating a masterpiece, but no one has to know. Right? LOL! Thanks again for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bernie!
    Love the color of your space. Very soothing and calming, ready to be inspired. Thanks so much for sharing with us at H2H!!!

    ReplyDelete